West Ham footballer Nasri faces driving ban after admitting speeding in Newbury Park
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
West Ham footballer Samir Nasri faces a possible driving ban after his car was clocked going 60mph in a 30mph zone in Redbridge.
The midfielder, 31, pleaded guilty by post last month to a speeding offence over an incident before he signed for the club.
His Mercedes was recorded driving at twice the legal limit by a speed camera in a 30mph zone in Painters Road, Newbury Park at 12.45pm on November 16, according to the charge.
“The speed recorded by means of ProLaser 4 was 60 miles per hour,” it states.
“The speed limit was signified by street lighting placed at less than 200-yard intervals.”
You may also want to watch:
Nasri, a former France international, faces a hearing at Stratford Magistrates’ Court tomorrow, Friday, March 1, where a decision will be made over whether he should keep his licence.
Nasri, a two-time Premier League winner with Manchester City, joined West Ham in December on the day he completed a doping suspension.
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 5 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 6 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 10 Have you seen Casey, 16, missing from Ilford?
He was handed an 18-month ban from playing football for receiving an intravenous treatment at a Los Angeles clinic in breach of the World Anti-Doping Agency’s rules.
The footballer, who lives near Hampstead Heath, in north-west London, received a six-month driving ban in 2013 after he admitted three charges of failing to provide police with the identity of the driver of his car which was clocked speeding.