Want to visit another world? Seven Kings student tells you how
- Credit: Archant
Books can transport you to different worlds, according to one 16-year-old who believes in reading so much he is starting his own campaign and book club.
Diranavan Sukumaran, of Seven Kings, decided to promote reading after attending the course.
He said: “Reading can take you to different places and escape. It’s an opportunity to learn. It’s something that’s important to me as my brother used to tell me to read and I feel that young people were not exposed to it as much.”
He added: “The last book I read was The Kite Runner which is about Afghanistan.
“Then I started reading about Afghanistan in the newspaper and it’s helped me learn about different aspects of the world.”
You may also want to watch:
He will be starting the group at his school, Mayfield School, Pedley Road, Goodmayes.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 5 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Counsellor offers group therapy for fellow parents grieving loss of child
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford