Wanstead shooting: Police appeal for information
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing to the public for information after a 26-year-old man was shot in the chest and head in Wanstead.
The unidentified man was taken to hospital after being shot around 12.30am on Wednesday March 25.
The man was originally reported as being 30 years old.
Police are particularly interested in anyone who may have seen a white box van or a silver Vauxhall Astra in the area around George Green, Draycot Road and Wanstead High Street.
The man remains in hospital where his condition is no longer critical, but he is still undergoing treatment.
You may also want to watch:
A team from Trident Gang Command, which specialises in leading the Met’s response against gang crime, is leading the investigation.
Anyone with information is urged to call Police on 101 or Crimestoppers 0800 555 111 quoting Operation Garata.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council