Wanstead police officer faces trial over ‘caught on camera’ attack charges
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A Wanstead police officer allegedly caught on camera attacking a suspect’s car will face a crown court trial.
Pc Joshua Savage, who is on restricted duties with the Met following the incident, indicated a not guilty plea to four charges when he appeared before magistrates in Westminster today.
Pc Savage, of Hermon Hill, Wanstead, is charged with common assault, possession of a bladed article, criminal damage to a windscreen and threatening behaviour.
Footage, which was widely circulated online in the wake of the incident, appeared to show the officer smashing a car windscreen during a stop and search – before sawing it with a blade.
The video, filmed by the driver on September 16 last year, allegedly shows Pc Savage launching the confrontation in Vicars Road in Camden, north-west London.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to attend Southwark Crown Court on May 18.
- 1 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 2 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 3 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 4 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 8 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 9 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 10 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter