Wanstead Park murderer due for sentencing over rape
- Credit: PA
A 46-year-old man, serving life for brutally murdering a Finnish student in Wanstead in 2003, is to be sentenced today for a rape two years earlier.
Jason Dockrill, 46, evaded capture after he attacked a women in a London park between November 2 and 5 2001.
He was linked to the rape last year following a cold case review, and admitted the offence on May 23.
He is due at the Old Bailey to be sentenced today by Judge Timothy Pontius.
Dockrill had already been convicted of the brutal of Suvi Aronen in Wanstead Park, Warren Road, in March 2003.
You may also want to watch:
He killed the 23-year-old as her distraught mother heard her pleas for help from 1,000 miles away over a mobile phone.
Dockrill left her body horrifically mutilated after a chance encounter with the student in an underpass during a series of attacks on women.
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 6 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 7 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 8 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 9 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 10 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years