Wanstead Park murderer due for sentencing over rape
- Credit: PA
A 46-year-old man, serving life for brutally murdering a Finnish student in Wanstead in 2003, is to be sentenced today for a rape two years earlier.
Jason Dockrill, 46, evaded capture after he attacked a women in a London park between November 2 and 5 2001.
He was linked to the rape last year following a cold case review, and admitted the offence on May 23.
He is due at the Old Bailey to be sentenced today by Judge Timothy Pontius.
Dockrill had already been convicted of the brutal of Suvi Aronen in Wanstead Park, Warren Road, in March 2003.
You may also want to watch:
He killed the 23-year-old as her distraught mother heard her pleas for help from 1,000 miles away over a mobile phone.
Dockrill left her body horrifically mutilated after a chance encounter with the student in an underpass during a series of attacks on women.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 4 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list