Wanstead Park murderer due for sentencing over rape
- Credit: PA
A 46-year-old man, serving life for brutally murdering a Finnish student in Wanstead in 2003, is to be sentenced today for a rape two years earlier.
Jason Dockrill, 46, evaded capture after he attacked a women in a London park between November 2 and 5 2001.
He was linked to the rape last year following a cold case review, and admitted the offence on May 23.
He is due at the Old Bailey to be sentenced today by Judge Timothy Pontius.
Dockrill had already been convicted of the brutal of Suvi Aronen in Wanstead Park, Warren Road, in March 2003.
You may also want to watch:
He killed the 23-year-old as her distraught mother heard her pleas for help from 1,000 miles away over a mobile phone.
Dockrill left her body horrifically mutilated after a chance encounter with the student in an underpass during a series of attacks on women.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 5 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 6 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 7 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 8 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 9 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 10 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death