Wanstead Park murderer due for sentencing over rape
- Credit: PA
A 46-year-old man, serving life for brutally murdering a Finnish student in Wanstead in 2003, is to be sentenced today for a rape two years earlier.
Jason Dockrill, 46, evaded capture after he attacked a women in a London park between November 2 and 5 2001.
He was linked to the rape last year following a cold case review, and admitted the offence on May 23.
He is due at the Old Bailey to be sentenced today by Judge Timothy Pontius.
Dockrill had already been convicted of the brutal of Suvi Aronen in Wanstead Park, Warren Road, in March 2003.
You may also want to watch:
He killed the 23-year-old as her distraught mother heard her pleas for help from 1,000 miles away over a mobile phone.
Dockrill left her body horrifically mutilated after a chance encounter with the student in an underpass during a series of attacks on women.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 6 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 7 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 8 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'