Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
- Credit: Google Maps
A man was rushed to hospital after he suffered multiple slash wounds to his face and body.
One man has been arrested in connection with the incident after emergency services attended reports of a stabbing in Reydon Avenue and Nutter Lane around 3am on Friday, April 2.
A 22-year-old man was treated at the scene for injuries to his hands, face and torso by London Ambulance Service (LAS).
He was taken to hospital where his injuries were assessed as possibly life-changing.
A spokesperson from LAS said: "We were called at 3:21am this morning (April 2) to reports of a stabbing on Nutter Lane.
"We sent a medic in a car, an ambulance crew and an incident response officer to the scene.
"We treated a person at the scene and took them to a major trauma centre."
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Man with Woodford Green links wanted in connection with assault
- 3 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 4 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 5 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 6 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
- 7 Young Citizen: Teen nominated after revealing Covid fight to inspire jabs
- 8 Almost 3,000 Barts Health hospital staff yet to have Covid jab, figures show
- 9 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 10 Votes set to be cast for borough's next youth parliament members
A Metropolitan Police spokesperson said: "One man has been arrested in connection with the incident. Enquires continue."
Anybody with information is asked to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC, quoting CAD reference 838/02APR. To remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.