Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
- Credit: Google Maps
A man was rushed to hospital after he suffered multiple slash wounds to his face and body.
One man has been arrested in connection with the incident after emergency services attended reports of a stabbing in Reydon Avenue and Nutter Lane around 3am on Friday, April 2.
A 22-year-old man was treated at the scene for injuries to his hands, face and torso by London Ambulance Service (LAS).
He was taken to hospital where his injuries were assessed as possibly life-changing.
A spokesperson from LAS said: "We were called at 3:21am this morning (April 2) to reports of a stabbing on Nutter Lane.
You may also want to watch:
"We sent a medic in a car, an ambulance crew and an incident response officer to the scene.
"We treated a person at the scene and took them to a major trauma centre."
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
A Metropolitan Police spokesperson said: "One man has been arrested in connection with the incident. Enquires continue."
Anybody with information is asked to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC, quoting CAD reference 838/02APR. To remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.