Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
- Credit: Google Maps
A man was rushed to hospital after he suffered multiple slash wounds to his face and body.
One man has been arrested in connection with the incident after emergency services attended reports of a stabbing in Reydon Avenue and Nutter Lane around 3am on Friday, April 2.
A 22-year-old man was treated at the scene for injuries to his hands, face and torso by London Ambulance Service (LAS).
He was taken to hospital where his injuries were assessed as possibly life-changing.
A spokesperson from LAS said: "We were called at 3:21am this morning (April 2) to reports of a stabbing on Nutter Lane.
You may also want to watch:
"We sent a medic in a car, an ambulance crew and an incident response officer to the scene.
"We treated a person at the scene and took them to a major trauma centre."
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 7 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 8 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 10 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
A Metropolitan Police spokesperson said: "One man has been arrested in connection with the incident. Enquires continue."
Anybody with information is asked to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC, quoting CAD reference 838/02APR. To remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.