Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
- Credit: Google Maps
A man was rushed to hospital after he suffered multiple slash wounds to his face and body.
One man has been arrested in connection with the incident after emergency services attended reports of a stabbing in Reydon Avenue and Nutter Lane around 3am on Friday, April 2.
A 22-year-old man was treated at the scene for injuries to his hands, face and torso by London Ambulance Service (LAS).
He was taken to hospital where his injuries were assessed as possibly life-changing.
A spokesperson from LAS said: "We were called at 3:21am this morning (April 2) to reports of a stabbing on Nutter Lane.
You may also want to watch:
"We sent a medic in a car, an ambulance crew and an incident response officer to the scene.
"We treated a person at the scene and took them to a major trauma centre."
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 3 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 4 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 5 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 6 Thames Water says its drainage systems did not fail during flash floods
- 7 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 8 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
A Metropolitan Police spokesperson said: "One man has been arrested in connection with the incident. Enquires continue."
Anybody with information is asked to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC, quoting CAD reference 838/02APR. To remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.