Wanstead man appears in court charged with murder of Joseph Williams-Torres
- Credit: Archant
A Wanstead man has appeared in court charged with the murder of Joseph Williams-Torres.
Hamza Ul-Haq of Burden Way appeared via video link from Thameside prison at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court this morning (June 5).
The 20-year-old - wearing a green T-shirt and black trousers - spoke only to confirm his name, date of birth, address and nationality before the murder charge was read out.
Mr Williams-Torres was found injured in Essex Close, Walthamstow, at 9.30pm on March 14.
Police, paramedics and London’s Air Ambulance went to his aid but the 20-year-old died on the way to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem gave his cause of death as a wound to the chest.
The court ordered that Mr Ul-Haq remain in custody until a date could be set for his appearance at the Old Bailey where an application for bail will be heard.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 9 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 10 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'