Wanstead man appears in court charged with murder of Joseph Williams-Torres
- Credit: Archant
A Wanstead man has appeared in court charged with the murder of Joseph Williams-Torres.
Hamza Ul-Haq of Burden Way appeared via video link from Thameside prison at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court this morning (June 5).
The 20-year-old - wearing a green T-shirt and black trousers - spoke only to confirm his name, date of birth, address and nationality before the murder charge was read out.
Mr Williams-Torres was found injured in Essex Close, Walthamstow, at 9.30pm on March 14.
Police, paramedics and London’s Air Ambulance went to his aid but the 20-year-old died on the way to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem gave his cause of death as a wound to the chest.
The court ordered that Mr Ul-Haq remain in custody until a date could be set for his appearance at the Old Bailey where an application for bail will be heard.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 9 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 10 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns