Walthamstow man, 23, being treated for life threatening injuries after A406 traffic collision
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old man is being treated for life threatening injuries after a traffic collision on the A406 northbound between Ilford Hill and Gants Hill last night.
The victim, of Walthamstow, who had been driving a scooter, was taken to an east London hospital following the incident just after 12am.
The driver of a VW Golf was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and was taken to an east London police station.
He stopped at the scene after the collision with the scooter.
The A406 is currently closed between Ilford Hill and Gants Hill.
You may also want to watch:
Police enquiries are still ongoing.
Any witnesses who haven’t already spoken to police should call 101.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine