Walthamstow man, 23, being treated for life threatening injuries after A406 traffic collision
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old man is being treated for life threatening injuries after a traffic collision on the A406 northbound between Ilford Hill and Gants Hill last night.
The victim, of Walthamstow, who had been driving a scooter, was taken to an east London hospital following the incident just after 12am.
The driver of a VW Golf was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and was taken to an east London police station.
He stopped at the scene after the collision with the scooter.
The A406 is currently closed between Ilford Hill and Gants Hill.
You may also want to watch:
Police enquiries are still ongoing.
Any witnesses who haven’t already spoken to police should call 101.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding