Walthamstow man, 23, being treated for life threatening injuries after A406 traffic collision
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old man is being treated for life threatening injuries after a traffic collision on the A406 northbound between Ilford Hill and Gants Hill last night.
The victim, of Walthamstow, who had been driving a scooter, was taken to an east London hospital following the incident just after 12am.
The driver of a VW Golf was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and was taken to an east London police station.
He stopped at the scene after the collision with the scooter.
The A406 is currently closed between Ilford Hill and Gants Hill.
You may also want to watch:
Police enquiries are still ongoing.
Any witnesses who haven’t already spoken to police should call 101.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 5 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Counsellor offers group therapy for fellow parents grieving loss of child
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford