Video: Driver smashes Honda into five parked cars in Ilford – then flees
- Credit: Archant
This jaw-dropping footage shows the moment a speeding driver smashes his Honda into five parked cars in a quiet residential street before fleeing.
The shocking video, captured on home CCTV by a resident of Hampton Road, Ilford, shows lights flashing on the damaged cars as alarms go off just after midnight on Thursday.
The car can be seen spinning out of control as it hits the vehicles, before stopping in the middle of the road.
Police have now launched an investigation to track down the driver.
A Hampton Road resident, who did not wish to be named, said he returned home 10 minutes before the crash.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I saw the footage on CCTV of the driver losing control at speeds in excess of 70mph and spinning around 360 degrees before [the car] came to a standstill.
“My mouth was wide open when I saw it.”
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 9 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 10 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
“The driver casually gets out and runs like nothing happened.”
“How can he just do that?”
The resident said he installed CCTV cameras at his property to deter passers-by from damaging his car.
“I have had issues before of people spitting and scraping my car,” he added.
Did you see the crash? Do you live in Hampton Road? Please call Harry Kemble on 0208 477 3825 or email firstname.lastname@example.org