VIDEO: Dramatic CCTV of Hainault shopkeeper taking on gunman with wooden stool
- Credit: Archant
An armed crook in the middle of a crime spree around the capital got more than he bargained for when he came to Hainault.
After firing warning shots in the air, he demanded shopkeeper Thurairagh Pir-abahuran put all the cash
from the till into a bag.
This shopkeeper, however, had a different idea. Grab-bing the stool he had been sitting on, Mr Pirabahuran went on the attack, repeatedly shoving it at the gun-man, causing him to flee empty-handed. Mr Pirabahuran, 41, part owner of Hainault Food and Wine, New North Road, said: “I didn’t want to give him the money so I picked up the stool and hit him with it.”
The raider was Sheldon Green, 23, of Hackney, who was jailed for five years on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
He was finally captured when he stole a phone with a tracking device appli-cation on it and was pursued by offices in a dramatic chase which ended with him jumping into a canal.
Det Sgt Neil Turner from the Barking Flying Squad said: “There was a foot chase and then Green jumped into
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 9 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 10 Redbridge parents' group donates more laptops to schools
the canal. Only he knows why he did this. Officers surrounded him and fished him out.”