‘Vicious spiky plants’ help police catch man on the run in Clayhall
A man fell foul of the law on Thursday (12) when he was arrested for allegedly breaking a fence in Clayhall while running from police officers.
Redbridge Police were doing routine burglary patrols in the area when they saw the man walking on a driveway.
A police spokesman said the man ran away into back gardens when officers approached.
The spokesman added: “He was chased through the gardens and broke a fence.
“The officers caught him with the help of a dog unit and he was arrested for criminal damage of the fence.”
You may also want to watch:
A nearby resident assumed the man was a burglar.
He said: “I thought he had attempted to break into one of the houses down the street. He was stopped in my neighbour’s garden.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 6 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 7 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 10 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
“It was down to not just the police but like most other gardens in the neighbourhood it’s very overgrown and has some quite vicious spiky plants by the fence.”