Vehicle collides with multiple parked cars in Ilford
- Credit: Irfan Master
A 60-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of drink driving after a car collided into four parked cars and a house in Ilford.
CCTV appears to show the car striking multiple parked cars and a home as it makes a turn, narrowly missing a passing car.
Police were called at 8.41pm on Monday, May 31 to reports of a car in collision with a residential property and a number of parked cars in Thorold Road.
Officers attended along with the London Ambulance Service and the London Fire Brigade.
No injuries were reported.
Police arrested a 60-year-old man on suspicion of driving while over the prescribed alcohol limit.
He remains in custody at an east London police station.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 3 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 4 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 5 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
Enquires into the circumstances are ongoing.
A spokesperson for the London Fire Brigade said: "A car had collided with a house and four parked cars. One man had left the vehicle before the brigade arrived and was assessed at the scene by London Ambulance Service crews."