Vehicle collides with multiple parked cars in Ilford
- Credit: Irfan Master
A 60-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of drink driving after a car collided into four parked cars and a house in Ilford.
CCTV appears to show the car striking multiple parked cars and a home as it makes a turn, narrowly missing a passing car.
Police were called at 8.41pm on Monday, May 31 to reports of a car in collision with a residential property and a number of parked cars in Thorold Road.
Officers attended along with the London Ambulance Service and the London Fire Brigade.
No injuries were reported.
Police arrested a 60-year-old man on suspicion of driving while over the prescribed alcohol limit.
He remains in custody at an east London police station.
- 1 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 2 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 3 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 4 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 5 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 6 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 7 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
- 8 Making Ilford a 'destination of choice': What is being done to help the town centre thrive?
- 9 Second Redbridge care home struck by fire caused by discarded cigarettes
- 10 Goodmayes fatal stabbing: Double murder trial set to open
Enquires into the circumstances are ongoing.
A spokesperson for the London Fire Brigade said: "A car had collided with a house and four parked cars. One man had left the vehicle before the brigade arrived and was assessed at the scene by London Ambulance Service crews."