UPDATE: Three men seen running away from ‘fireball’ after suspected arson attack on vintage cars in Gants Hill
Three men were seen running away from the scene of a suspected arson in Gants Hill last night.
Police are analysing CCTV of the incident in Headley Drive around 1am this morning.
A witness, who did not want to be named, said three men approached the house before running away when “a fireball exploded”.
Firefighters were called to put out the blaze that damaged a vintage Austin A40 and Mercedes people carrier.
Crew manager Jim Jobson said evidence of accelerants, which are used to start fires or cause explosions, was found at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Two windows at the front of the house the cars were parked outside were smashed.
No one was injured.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
If you have any information about the incident, call Redbridge Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.