UPDATE: Three men seen running away from ‘fireball’ after suspected arson attack on vintage cars in Gants Hill
Three men were seen running away from the scene of a suspected arson in Gants Hill last night.
Police are analysing CCTV of the incident in Headley Drive around 1am this morning.
A witness, who did not want to be named, said three men approached the house before running away when “a fireball exploded”.
Firefighters were called to put out the blaze that damaged a vintage Austin A40 and Mercedes people carrier.
Crew manager Jim Jobson said evidence of accelerants, which are used to start fires or cause explosions, was found at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Two windows at the front of the house the cars were parked outside were smashed.
No one was injured.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 8 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 9 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
If you have any information about the incident, call Redbridge Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.