UPDATE: Teenager hospitalised after being hit by car in Barkingside
A 16-year-old boy was taken to hospital after being hit by a car in Barkingside High Street yesterday evening.
Ambulances, police and fire engines were called to the scene at around 6.10pm.
Firefighter Tony Cook attended with crews from Hainault Fire Station.
He said: “At first we were told that a person had been hit by a bus but he had been crossing the road and was hit by a car.
“Somehow he ended up under the back of the bus but it didn’t hit him.”
You may also want to watch:
London Ambulance Service sent an ambulance, single responder and duty manager to the incident.
A spokesman said: “Our staff treated a 16-year-old boy for minor injuries and took the patient as a priority to Whipps Cross Hospital.”
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 9 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 10 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
Were you at the scene? Let us know what happened by emailing email@example.com or calling 0208 477 3821.