UPDATE: Teenager hospitalised after being hit by car in Barkingside
A 16-year-old boy was taken to hospital after being hit by a car in Barkingside High Street yesterday evening.
Ambulances, police and fire engines were called to the scene at around 6.10pm.
Firefighter Tony Cook attended with crews from Hainault Fire Station.
He said: “At first we were told that a person had been hit by a bus but he had been crossing the road and was hit by a car.
“Somehow he ended up under the back of the bus but it didn’t hit him.”
You may also want to watch:
London Ambulance Service sent an ambulance, single responder and duty manager to the incident.
A spokesman said: “Our staff treated a 16-year-old boy for minor injuries and took the patient as a priority to Whipps Cross Hospital.”
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 5 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 6 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
Were you at the scene? Let us know what happened by emailing email@example.com or calling 0208 477 3821.