‘The disturbing reality our officers face’: Latest update on police officer stabbed outside Ilford Station
- Credit: Archant
The British Transport Police have confirmed that the officer stabbed at Ilford Railway Station is recovering at home as they continue to appeal for witnesses to come forward.
The officer was attacked with a knife at the Cranbrook Road Station at around 9.45pm last night (Friday, November 23), and detectives are now appealing for anyone who saw anything of the incident, to please get in touch.
One man has been arrested.
BTP Chief Constable Paul Crowther, who has been in touch with the officer, said: “This is an example of the disturbing reality our officers face every day whilst going about their duties.
“We all here at BTP wish him all the very best for his recovery and would like to thank the public for their many get well messages and support.
You may also want to watch:
“I know this will have had an impact on his family, friends and colleagues.
“The safety of our officers is extremely important to us and I’m in discussions with my senior team to see what needs to be done to ensure these types of incidents are kept to an absolute minimum.”
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 6 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 7 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 8 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 9 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 10 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
Anyone who witnessed the incident or with information should contact BTP by sending a text to 61016, or by calling 0800 40 50 40 - quoting reference 659 of 23/11/2018.