Update: Motorbike gunman shot man in Seven Kings after ‘car chase’
A man was shot in Seven Kings on Friday after being chased in a car by two men on a motorbike, according to witnesses.
The 27-year-old man is in a serious but stable condition in hospital after suffering a single gunshot wound in the incident close to the junction of Aldborough Road South, Meads Lane and St John’s Road.
A shopkeeper, who did not want to be identified, said: “There were two boys on motorbikes and one got off and fired four shots at the car.
“It was the people in the back that were shot and the driver drove away.”
The driver then carried on driving to take the injured man to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A church and primary school are on the junction where the incident happened around 5.40pm.
Cllr Dev Sharma said: “What’s most worrying is how it happened next to Downshall Primary School.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge
“If it was earlier there could have been parents and children all around.”
Cllr Sharma said he has never heard of a shooting in the 32 years he has lived in the area.
He added: “The concern is the blatantly reckless nature of the attack in broad daylight on a busy road.
“I hope the people were not from the area and only passing through, it’s frightening.”
Detectives from Trident, which deals with gang crime and shootings, are investigating.
It is not clear at this stage how many people police are looking for, or whether the shooting is gang related.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.