Update: Motorbike gunman shot man in Seven Kings after ‘car chase’
A man was shot in Seven Kings on Friday after being chased in a car by two men on a motorbike, according to witnesses.
The 27-year-old man is in a serious but stable condition in hospital after suffering a single gunshot wound in the incident close to the junction of Aldborough Road South, Meads Lane and St John’s Road.
A shopkeeper, who did not want to be identified, said: “There were two boys on motorbikes and one got off and fired four shots at the car.
“It was the people in the back that were shot and the driver drove away.”
The driver then carried on driving to take the injured man to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A church and primary school are on the junction where the incident happened around 5.40pm.
Cllr Dev Sharma said: “What’s most worrying is how it happened next to Downshall Primary School.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
“If it was earlier there could have been parents and children all around.”
Cllr Sharma said he has never heard of a shooting in the 32 years he has lived in the area.
He added: “The concern is the blatantly reckless nature of the attack in broad daylight on a busy road.
“I hope the people were not from the area and only passing through, it’s frightening.”
Detectives from Trident, which deals with gang crime and shootings, are investigating.
It is not clear at this stage how many people police are looking for, or whether the shooting is gang related.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.