UPDATE: Man ‘shot three times in front of his mum’ in Woodford Green
A man who is in a serious condition in hospital this evening was shot three times in front of his mum, a shopkeeper has told the Recorder.
A lone gunman entered Cakes and Shakes, High Road, Woodford Green, at around 2pm this afternoon and fired a gun at the man.
He and three others, including his mum, were cleaning up the mess from another shooting two days earlier when the attack happened, according to a shopkeeper.
The business was previously targeted at around 6.45pm on Saturday while customers sat inside the snack bar, with a window damaged by a gunshot.
A shopkeeper in the area said he heard three gunshots discharged this afternoon inside the snack bar, which was closed to customers at the time.
He said the injured man, said to be a part-owner of Cakes and Shakes, was conscious and was given first aid at the scene.
He added: “He’d been hit in the stomach and chest area. You could see the holes but there was no blood.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 3 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 4 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 8 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on
- 9 Two more men charged with murder after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 10 Trust admits 'still more to do' despite diagnostic imaging improvements
“We’re all shocked. He’s a nice lad. I’ve known him for a few years now.
“At the end of the day it’s not good for the area or for businesses.
“When there’s a shooting in broad daylight you don’t want to shout and scream about it.
“I feel for the family.”
Witnesses have said the gunman fled towards Fuller’s Avenue, which has been cordoned off by police.
Forensic officers are at the scene of the shooting and High Road remains closed to traffic.
A police spokesman said: “We were called on Saturday to Cakes and Shakes to find damage to window and evidence that a shot had been discharged.”
Police officers from the Trident team, which deals with serious gun crime in the Capital, are already investigating the first incident, though they have not yet formally linked the two attacks.
Police have described today’s victim, who is in his twenties, as in a “serious but stable” condition.
Did you see the incident? Contact the Ilford Recorder newsdesk on 020 8477 3821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.