UPDATE: Man arrested in City of London Cemetery murder probe
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the death of Peter Charles John in the City of London Cemetery have arrested a man on suspicion of murder.
Officers confirmed a 52-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder this afternoon.
He is currently in custody at a south London police station.
An investigation was launched after police were called at 2.17pm on Wednesday to the City of London Cemetery to reports of a man found unconscious.
Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended and Mr John was found with an injury to his neck.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to hospital by air ambulance where he later died.
A post mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 3 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 6 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Which venues have been crowned Redbridge's Hospitality Heroes?
The 54-year-old, of East Acton Lane in Ealing, was discovered in the cemetery just after 2pm on Wednesday and was taken to hospital by air ambulance, but died later that day.
An incident room is open under Detective Chief Inspector Chris Jones, Homicide and Serious Crime Command (HSCC).
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3734, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.