UPDATE: Man arrested in City of London Cemetery murder probe
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the death of Peter Charles John in the City of London Cemetery have arrested a man on suspicion of murder.
Officers confirmed a 52-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder this afternoon.
He is currently in custody at a south London police station.
An investigation was launched after police were called at 2.17pm on Wednesday to the City of London Cemetery to reports of a man found unconscious.
Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended and Mr John was found with an injury to his neck.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to hospital by air ambulance where he later died.
A post mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 3 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 4 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 5 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 8 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 9 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
The 54-year-old, of East Acton Lane in Ealing, was discovered in the cemetery just after 2pm on Wednesday and was taken to hospital by air ambulance, but died later that day.
An incident room is open under Detective Chief Inspector Chris Jones, Homicide and Serious Crime Command (HSCC).
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3734, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.