UPDATE: Man arrested in City of London Cemetery murder probe
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the death of Peter Charles John in the City of London Cemetery have arrested a man on suspicion of murder.
Officers confirmed a 52-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder this afternoon.
He is currently in custody at a south London police station.
An investigation was launched after police were called at 2.17pm on Wednesday to the City of London Cemetery to reports of a man found unconscious.
Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended and Mr John was found with an injury to his neck.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to hospital by air ambulance where he later died.
A post mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 9 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 10 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
The 54-year-old, of East Acton Lane in Ealing, was discovered in the cemetery just after 2pm on Wednesday and was taken to hospital by air ambulance, but died later that day.
An incident room is open under Detective Chief Inspector Chris Jones, Homicide and Serious Crime Command (HSCC).
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3734, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.