Update: Man, 23, suffers serious head injury in A406 collision with car
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old man is being treated for head injuries after a collision between a car and a scooter just after midnight on Wednesday.
One man has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving after he stopped his VW Golf following the collision.
The collision happened on the A406 northbound between Ilford Hill and Gants Hill.
The injured man, who had been driving a scooter, was taken as “a priority” to the Royal London Hospital with serious head injuries.
He was accompanied by a doctor from the London’s Air Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
London Ambulance Service (LAS) sent two ambulance crews and an air ambulance to the scene.
The A406 is currently closed between Ilford Hill and Gants Hill.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 4 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 5 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 9 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge
- 10 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
Police enquiries are still ongoing.
Any witnesses who haven’t already spoken to police should call 101.