Update: Man, 23, suffers serious head injury in A406 collision with car
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old man is being treated for head injuries after a collision between a car and a scooter just after midnight on Wednesday.
One man has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving after he stopped his VW Golf following the collision.
The collision happened on the A406 northbound between Ilford Hill and Gants Hill.
The injured man, who had been driving a scooter, was taken as “a priority” to the Royal London Hospital with serious head injuries.
He was accompanied by a doctor from the London’s Air Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
London Ambulance Service (LAS) sent two ambulance crews and an air ambulance to the scene.
The A406 is currently closed between Ilford Hill and Gants Hill.
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
Police enquiries are still ongoing.
Any witnesses who haven’t already spoken to police should call 101.