Update: Man, 23, suffers serious head injury in A406 collision with car
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old man is being treated for head injuries after a collision between a car and a scooter just after midnight on Wednesday.
One man has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving after he stopped his VW Golf following the collision.
The collision happened on the A406 northbound between Ilford Hill and Gants Hill.
The injured man, who had been driving a scooter, was taken as “a priority” to the Royal London Hospital with serious head injuries.
He was accompanied by a doctor from the London’s Air Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
London Ambulance Service (LAS) sent two ambulance crews and an air ambulance to the scene.
The A406 is currently closed between Ilford Hill and Gants Hill.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge
Police enquiries are still ongoing.
Any witnesses who haven’t already spoken to police should call 101.