UPDATE: Gang that stabbed councillor in chest commit another robbery within 10 minutes in Newbury Park
The gang which stabbed a councillor in the chest threatened a second man with a knife just ten minutes later.
Cllr Ross Hatfull, 33, was walking home after a late meeting when he was approached by two men aged between 17 and 22.
After asking for his phone and wallet they stabbed him in the chest missing his lung by a centimetre at about 11.35pm last night.
Cllr Hatfull, of Kimberley Avenue, Newbury Park, said: “I tried to run but got bundled to the ground just outside my house. Luckily a neighbour heard the disturbance and said she had called the police, then they, and two others, ran off.”
The gang of four then went to Glebelands Avenue where they threatened a 25-year-old man and stole a mobile phone and MP3 player.
You may also want to watch:
The suspects then went on foot towards the A12.
Anybody who has any information is urged to contact Ilford Robbery Squad on 020 8345 2653 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 8 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
Det Insp Craig Robinson said: “This type of robbery where knives are used and the victim is stabbed are very rare in Redbridge. These individuals clearly pose a danger to the public and I would urge anyone who has any information to contact us on the above numbers.