UPDATE: Drugs found in holdall with ‘sawn-off’ shotguns in quiet Ilford road
- Credit: Archant
Drugs were found in the holdall containing two shotguns that was discovered in a quiet Ilford road this morning, it has emerged.
Police were called to Carriage Mews, off Ley Street, at around 10am and forensics officers left the scene three hours later.
A police spokesman said two shotguns, ammunition and a quantity of drugs, believed to be cannabis, were inside a holdall found in a garden.
The evidence has been taken for forensic examination. No arrests have been made.
Resident Alex Wood, 46, said his neighbour discovered the bag this morning.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “She came out in the morning and saw the holdall under a bush.
“She called the police when she found the shotguns inside.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 5 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 9 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
- 10 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
“It’s a bit of a shock on a Monday morning, it’s not something you expect.
“Nothing happens here, it’s just a quiet residential road.”
Mr Wood described the guns as three shot sawn-off shotguns.
Unmodified weapons are legal in the UK with a licence but are strictly controlled.