UPDATE: Drugs found in holdall with ‘sawn-off’ shotguns in quiet Ilford road
- Credit: Archant
Drugs were found in the holdall containing two shotguns that was discovered in a quiet Ilford road this morning, it has emerged.
Police were called to Carriage Mews, off Ley Street, at around 10am and forensics officers left the scene three hours later.
A police spokesman said two shotguns, ammunition and a quantity of drugs, believed to be cannabis, were inside a holdall found in a garden.
The evidence has been taken for forensic examination. No arrests have been made.
Resident Alex Wood, 46, said his neighbour discovered the bag this morning.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “She came out in the morning and saw the holdall under a bush.
“She called the police when she found the shotguns inside.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 7 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 9 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding
“It’s a bit of a shock on a Monday morning, it’s not something you expect.
“Nothing happens here, it’s just a quiet residential road.”
Mr Wood described the guns as three shot sawn-off shotguns.
Unmodified weapons are legal in the UK with a licence but are strictly controlled.