UPDATE: Drugs found in holdall with ‘sawn-off’ shotguns in quiet Ilford road
- Credit: Archant
Drugs were found in the holdall containing two shotguns that was discovered in a quiet Ilford road this morning, it has emerged.
Police were called to Carriage Mews, off Ley Street, at around 10am and forensics officers left the scene three hours later.
A police spokesman said two shotguns, ammunition and a quantity of drugs, believed to be cannabis, were inside a holdall found in a garden.
The evidence has been taken for forensic examination. No arrests have been made.
Resident Alex Wood, 46, said his neighbour discovered the bag this morning.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “She came out in the morning and saw the holdall under a bush.
“She called the police when she found the shotguns inside.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 6 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 7 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 8 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 9 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 10 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
“It’s a bit of a shock on a Monday morning, it’s not something you expect.
“Nothing happens here, it’s just a quiet residential road.”
Mr Wood described the guns as three shot sawn-off shotguns.
Unmodified weapons are legal in the UK with a licence but are strictly controlled.