UPDATE: Barkingside Magistrates’ Court stabbing followed fight in High Street, say police
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the stabbing of a 31-year-old man outside Barkingside Magistrates’ Court yesterday believe he was involved with an “altercation” with another group before the attack.
The man was stabbed in the neck and another victim received a head injury in the attack, in Cranbrook Road, around 1pm.
Their injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
A police spokesman said: “At this very early stage, it is thought the two men became involved in an altercation with another group in Barkingside High Street and subsequently attacked outside the court by a male from this other group.”
The London Air Ambulance was sent to the scene and landed in Barkingside Recreation Ground.
You may also want to watch:
The injured men were taken to separate east London hospitals.
The court was evacuated and cordoned off after the attack and reopened around 2.20pm.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 3 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 4 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 5 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 8 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 9 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
No arrests have been made, Redbridge Police are investigating.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.