UPDATE: Barkingside Magistrates’ Court stabbing followed fight in High Street, say police
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the stabbing of a 31-year-old man outside Barkingside Magistrates’ Court yesterday believe he was involved with an “altercation” with another group before the attack.
The man was stabbed in the neck and another victim received a head injury in the attack, in Cranbrook Road, around 1pm.
Their injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
A police spokesman said: “At this very early stage, it is thought the two men became involved in an altercation with another group in Barkingside High Street and subsequently attacked outside the court by a male from this other group.”
The London Air Ambulance was sent to the scene and landed in Barkingside Recreation Ground.
You may also want to watch:
The injured men were taken to separate east London hospitals.
The court was evacuated and cordoned off after the attack and reopened around 2.20pm.
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 5 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
- 6 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 9 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 10 Council leader urges government to fund flood prevention measures
No arrests have been made, Redbridge Police are investigating.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.