UPDATE: Barkingside Magistrates’ Court stabbing followed fight in High Street, say police
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the stabbing of a 31-year-old man outside Barkingside Magistrates’ Court yesterday believe he was involved with an “altercation” with another group before the attack.
The man was stabbed in the neck and another victim received a head injury in the attack, in Cranbrook Road, around 1pm.
Their injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
A police spokesman said: “At this very early stage, it is thought the two men became involved in an altercation with another group in Barkingside High Street and subsequently attacked outside the court by a male from this other group.”
The London Air Ambulance was sent to the scene and landed in Barkingside Recreation Ground.
The injured men were taken to separate east London hospitals.
The court was evacuated and cordoned off after the attack and reopened around 2.20pm.
- 1 Rat-running lorry drivers in Redbridge face fines of up to £130
- 2 Goodmayes 'loner' found dead in 'dilapidated' flat leaves £400k fortune
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 5 Percentage of unvaccinated hospital staff revealed as mandatory jab deadline looms
- 6 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Ex-police officer served for four years after being accused of 'sexual and physical assaults'
- 8 Appeal after motorcyclist killed in hit and run in Redbridge
- 9 Councils with low Covid vaccine rates given funds to help people get jabbed
- 10 How council teams tackle fly-tipping in Redbridge
No arrests have been made, Redbridge Police are investigating.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.