UPDATE: Barkingside Magistrates’ Court stabbing followed fight in High Street, say police
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the stabbing of a 31-year-old man outside Barkingside Magistrates’ Court yesterday believe he was involved with an “altercation” with another group before the attack.
The man was stabbed in the neck and another victim received a head injury in the attack, in Cranbrook Road, around 1pm.
Their injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
A police spokesman said: “At this very early stage, it is thought the two men became involved in an altercation with another group in Barkingside High Street and subsequently attacked outside the court by a male from this other group.”
The London Air Ambulance was sent to the scene and landed in Barkingside Recreation Ground.
You may also want to watch:
The injured men were taken to separate east London hospitals.
The court was evacuated and cordoned off after the attack and reopened around 2.20pm.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 9 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 10 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
No arrests have been made, Redbridge Police are investigating.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.