Two South Woodford homes targeted by burglars
Two homes in the same street were targeted by burglars within a matter of hours and the police are looking for a 12-year-old girl in conjunction.
The properties, which are both in Beechwood Park, South Woodford, had mobile phones stolen on Saturday (July 28).
At 12.25pm the first property was targeted when the victim went to answer a knock at the front door.
On opening the door no one was there but the victim had left his mobile phone on a widow ledge in a ground floor room near the door, which was later discovered to be missing.
At about 2pm, the second victim went to their back door where a 12-year-old girl was standing and she asked them for sponsorship.
You may also want to watch:
After she left, the phone that had been sitting on the ledge next to the same door was missing.
The girl is described as olive skinned, approximately 12-years-old, 5ft tall with very long brown hair.
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 7 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 8 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
She was wearing a brown skirt and cream top at the time.
Ilford CID are appealing for any witnesses or anyone with any information concerning these burglaries to contact Ilford burglary Squad on 0208 345 2680.