Two South Woodford homes targeted by burglars
Two homes in the same street were targeted by burglars within a matter of hours and the police are looking for a 12-year-old girl in conjunction.
The properties, which are both in Beechwood Park, South Woodford, had mobile phones stolen on Saturday (July 28).
At 12.25pm the first property was targeted when the victim went to answer a knock at the front door.
On opening the door no one was there but the victim had left his mobile phone on a widow ledge in a ground floor room near the door, which was later discovered to be missing.
At about 2pm, the second victim went to their back door where a 12-year-old girl was standing and she asked them for sponsorship.
After she left, the phone that had been sitting on the ledge next to the same door was missing.
The girl is described as olive skinned, approximately 12-years-old, 5ft tall with very long brown hair.
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 3 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 4 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 5 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 6 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 7 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 8 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 9 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 10 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
She was wearing a brown skirt and cream top at the time.
Ilford CID are appealing for any witnesses or anyone with any information concerning these burglaries to contact Ilford burglary Squad on 0208 345 2680.