Two South Woodford homes targeted by burglars
Two homes in the same street were targeted by burglars within a matter of hours and the police are looking for a 12-year-old girl in conjunction.
The properties, which are both in Beechwood Park, South Woodford, had mobile phones stolen on Saturday (July 28).
At 12.25pm the first property was targeted when the victim went to answer a knock at the front door.
On opening the door no one was there but the victim had left his mobile phone on a widow ledge in a ground floor room near the door, which was later discovered to be missing.
At about 2pm, the second victim went to their back door where a 12-year-old girl was standing and she asked them for sponsorship.
You may also want to watch:
After she left, the phone that had been sitting on the ledge next to the same door was missing.
The girl is described as olive skinned, approximately 12-years-old, 5ft tall with very long brown hair.
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 6 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 7 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 8 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 9 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 10 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
She was wearing a brown skirt and cream top at the time.
Ilford CID are appealing for any witnesses or anyone with any information concerning these burglaries to contact Ilford burglary Squad on 0208 345 2680.