Two South Woodford homes targeted by burglars
Two homes in the same street were targeted by burglars within a matter of hours and the police are looking for a 12-year-old girl in conjunction.
The properties, which are both in Beechwood Park, South Woodford, had mobile phones stolen on Saturday (July 28).
At 12.25pm the first property was targeted when the victim went to answer a knock at the front door.
On opening the door no one was there but the victim had left his mobile phone on a widow ledge in a ground floor room near the door, which was later discovered to be missing.
At about 2pm, the second victim went to their back door where a 12-year-old girl was standing and she asked them for sponsorship.
You may also want to watch:
After she left, the phone that had been sitting on the ledge next to the same door was missing.
The girl is described as olive skinned, approximately 12-years-old, 5ft tall with very long brown hair.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
She was wearing a brown skirt and cream top at the time.
Ilford CID are appealing for any witnesses or anyone with any information concerning these burglaries to contact Ilford burglary Squad on 0208 345 2680.