Two Redbridge men arrested after four stabbed in nightclub fight
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for witnesses after four men were stabbed during a fight outside a nightclub. Two men from Redbridge were part of a group who were arrested.
The fight is believed to have happened between two groups of men outside Club 29, High Holborn, around 3am on Sunday, August 2, where four men were found with stab wounds.
A 23-year-old man from Redbridge was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and a 22-year-old man from Wanstead was arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.
They were part of a group of six men who were arrested in connection with the attack.
Police were alerted by London Ambulance Service at 3.15am that two men had walked into a south London hospital with stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
Fifteen minutes later, at 3.30am, police officers discovered a parked car in Clerkenwell Road with its hazard lights on, with two men inside also with stab injuries.
Of the six men arrested, one remains in a non life-threatening condition in hospital.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 7 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 8 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
- 9 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 10 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
Det Con Stephanie Latzke said: “This was a truly shocking attack on four friends who had gone out to enjoy themselves.
“We know the nightclub was busy at the time of the incident, so I’m confident someone will have the information we need to find those responsible for this unacceptable violence.
“I also want to hear from anyone who was driving on High Holborn around the time of the attack who may have captured the fighting on dash cam.”
The 23-year-old man arrested from Redbridge has been released on bail until the end of August while the Wanstead man has been released on bail until the beginning of September.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police on 101, quoting CAD 1760/2Aug.
Alternatively tweet @MetCC or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.