Armed officers arrest man on suspicion of attempted murder after fleeing scene of collision
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after two men were hit by a car in Gants Hill and sustained life-changing injuries.
Police were called to Otley Drive just after 1.40am today, Friday, August 28 to reports of a collision involving a car and two pedestrians.
A 22-year-old man was arrested by armed officers.
A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said: “Officers and London Ambulance Service attended and two men (no further details) were taken to hospital.
“Both are being treated for life-changing injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“Detectives from the East Area Command Unit are investigating.”
A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “We were called at 1:41am this morning (August 28) to reports of an incident at a residential property on Otley Drive.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 3 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 4 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 5 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 6 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 7 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 8 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 9 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding
“We dispatched a number of resources to the scene including two ambulance crews, an incident response officer, an advanced paramedic and two medics in cars.
“We treated two people at the scene and took them both to a major trauma centre.”
Enquiries continue and any witnesses are asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD 478/28Aug.
Alternatively tweet @MetCC or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 111 555.