Two men stabbed in Goodmayes
- Credit: Archant
Two men were stabbed in the back during separate knifings in Goodmayes that police believe may have been linked.
Officers are appealing for witnesses to both incidents which took place in Longbridge Road.
The first stabbing took place on Thursday, November. 15, and police were notified after a man presented himself at a north London hospital with a single stab wound to the back.
The victim, aged 25, told police he had been walking down Longbridge Road at around 8.30pm when a man stepped out directly in front of him before stabbing him in the back and running away.
The suspect was described as being around 6ft tall and wearing a brown hoody, sporty trousers and trainers.
You may also want to watch:
The second incident occurred on Wednesday, November 21 when a 47-year-old man was walking down the same road.
At around 9.45pm, a man approached him and stabbed him in the back before fleeing the scene.
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 4 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 5 Two in five people in Redbridge may have had Covid, data shows
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Council left homeless family 'stuck in cycle of instability', report finds
- 8 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 9 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
He was taken to a nearby hospital by London Ambulance Service where he required surgery.
The suspect has been described as a black male, of slim build, 5ft 3ins tall, wearing a grey hoody, dark trousers and grey trainers.
A Met Police spokesman said: “Officers are considering the possibility that the two incidents are linked although this is unconfirmed at this time.”
Police are appealing for anyone who saw either of the assaults or has any further information to contact them on 101 with CAD number 7669/21NOV18 or 0208 345 4329.