Two men killed and woman tasered following 'disturbance' in Goodmayes
Roy Chacko and Tom Ambrose
- Credit: @ig1ig3 & @amaxni__
Two men have died and a woman was tasered following reports of a "loud bang" in Tavistock Gardens, Goodmayes, this morning (January 10).
Police and paramedics were called to the address at 4.24am, where two men were found with fatal injuries.
Despite the efforts of emergency services, both men died from their injuries at the scene.
A 28-year-old woman, who suffered non-life threatening injuries, was arrested at the scene after police had to use a taser gun against her.
She has been taken to hospital to be treated for her injuries.
A source told the Recorder: "Not much on the case yet, I have spoken to the locals and they confirmed that there had been some loud shouting prior to this argument.
"Some even heard a loud bang early hours this morning so not sure what that could be."
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 3 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Tributes paid to Ilford jazz legend Keith Nichols, who died from Covid
- 8 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
Other users on social media reported hearing a loud bang, like a firework, as well as "shouting" and a "woman screaming" in the early hours of this morning.
Abid Ahmad tweeted: "The lady screaming and shouting kept me up late [sic] night. Knew something was up, RIP to the men".
The next of kin of the two victims have not been informed.
A crime scene is in place, with the Metropolitan Police's homicide team informed, and enquires are ongoing.