Two men killed and woman tasered following 'disturbance' in Goodmayes
Roy Chacko and Tom Ambrose
- Credit: @ig1ig3 & @amaxni__
Two men have died and a woman was tasered following reports of a "loud bang" in Tavistock Gardens, Goodmayes, this morning (January 10).
Police and paramedics were called to the address at 4.24am, where two men were found with fatal injuries.
Despite the efforts of emergency services, both men died from their injuries at the scene.
A 28-year-old woman, who suffered non-life threatening injuries, was arrested at the scene after police had to use a taser gun against her.
She has been taken to hospital to be treated for her injuries.
A source told the Recorder: "Not much on the case yet, I have spoken to the locals and they confirmed that there had been some loud shouting prior to this argument.
"Some even heard a loud bang early hours this morning so not sure what that could be."
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 5 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 8 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
Other users on social media reported hearing a loud bang, like a firework, as well as "shouting" and a "woman screaming" in the early hours of this morning.
Abid Ahmad tweeted: "The lady screaming and shouting kept me up late [sic] night. Knew something was up, RIP to the men".
The next of kin of the two victims have not been informed.
A crime scene is in place, with the Metropolitan Police's homicide team informed, and enquires are ongoing.