Two men arrested in Ilford over Seven Kings shooting but police still appealing for information
Two men have been arrested in connection with the shooting in Seven Kings last month but police are continuing to appeal for information.
A 27-year-old man was shot in the incident close to the junction of Aldborough Road South, Meads Lane and St Johns Road on September 21.
He is still in hospital in a “serious but stable condition”.
The car he was travelling in with several others had been chased by a motorbike before a man from the bike shot at the car.
A 26-year-old man and another aged 28 were arrested last month in the Ilford area on suspicion of possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life.
They were both bailed but will be meeting with police for further enquiries next month.
Police have believe the motorbike used by the suspects was red and white and “high-powered”.
- 1 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Wendy's Ilford: New opening date for High Road restaurant after delay
- 7 Man allegedly commits GBH after robbing bottles of champagne from Tesco
- 8 Dispersal order enforced in parts of Gants Hill, Clayhall and Barkingside
- 9 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 10 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
Detectives from Trident, the Metropolitan Police’s gang and gun crime division, are hoping people were near the incident shortly before 5pm by shops, Downshall Primary School and St John the Evangelist church.
DC Simon Walker, of Trident Gang Crime Command, said: “Were you in the area at the time? Did you see this motorbike? It is quite distinctive in colour.
“Or do you know anyone who has recently tried to sell or dispose of this bike? This incident has left a young man seriously ill in hospital where he is likely to remain for some time. Can you help?”
Anyone with information about the shooting should call the incident room on 020 8217 7381 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.