Two men arrested in Ilford over Seven Kings shooting but police still appealing for information
Two men have been arrested in connection with the shooting in Seven Kings last month but police are continuing to appeal for information.
A 27-year-old man was shot in the incident close to the junction of Aldborough Road South, Meads Lane and St Johns Road on September 21.
He is still in hospital in a “serious but stable condition”.
The car he was travelling in with several others had been chased by a motorbike before a man from the bike shot at the car.
A 26-year-old man and another aged 28 were arrested last month in the Ilford area on suspicion of possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life.
You may also want to watch:
They were both bailed but will be meeting with police for further enquiries next month.
Police have believe the motorbike used by the suspects was red and white and “high-powered”.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 3 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
Detectives from Trident, the Metropolitan Police’s gang and gun crime division, are hoping people were near the incident shortly before 5pm by shops, Downshall Primary School and St John the Evangelist church.
DC Simon Walker, of Trident Gang Crime Command, said: “Were you in the area at the time? Did you see this motorbike? It is quite distinctive in colour.
“Or do you know anyone who has recently tried to sell or dispose of this bike? This incident has left a young man seriously ill in hospital where he is likely to remain for some time. Can you help?”
Anyone with information about the shooting should call the incident room on 020 8217 7381 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.