Two firearms, 10kg of cocaine and 100kg of cannabis resin kept by South Woodford man in garage
- Credit: Met Police
A man, who kept two firearms, 10 kilograms of cocaine and 100 kilograms of cannabis resin in his garage was sentenced to 15 years in prison.
Avinash Toofuny, 39, of Churchfields, South Woodford, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to supply Class A and Class C controlled drugs and possession of a firearm without certificate at Southwark Crown Court on Monday.
On October 8, 2015, Toofuny was observed by officers from the Met’s Special Projects Team leaving his home and driving to a garage in a white Nissan van, where he loaded a large cardboard box into the back of the van and drove off.
Later that day, he was stopped by traffic officers on the A406 in Bounds Green, Haringey, and 29 bags of white powder were found inside the box in the van.
After a search of the garage, officers also found two live-firing handguns, ten blocks of compressed cocaine and around 100 kilograms of cannabis resin. More cocaine and cannabis resin was found at his home address.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Neil Turner of the Met’s Special Projects Team, said: “I am very pleased with today’s sentence which sees Avinash Toofuny imprisoned for a significant amount of time.
“Toofuny had two lethal firearms in his possession and a huge quantity of drugs which would have caused misery on the streets of the capital. The length of the sentence handed down today will provide him with ample time to reflect on the consequences of his actions.”
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 7 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 8 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford