Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- Credit: Archant
Two men were arrested after reports a car had been driven into two other men who were then assaulted with a pole in Ilford.
Two men, aged 17 and 18, were arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon after police were called to Ilford Lane shortly before 3pm on Wednesday, April 14 to a report of a fight.
It was reported two men had driven a car at two other men and then got out and attacked them with a pole and a sharp object, believed to be a key.
One of the men suffered a cut to his hand.
A vehicle was stopped in Ilford Lane and the two occupants were arrested.
The 17-year-old was also arrested on suspicion of causing ABH and the 18-year-old for common assault.
A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said: "An investigation is ongoing and neighbourhood policing teams and local authority officers continue to undertake joint reassurance patrols in the vicinity."
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Awards nomination for 'rights champion' schoolgirl, 9
- 5 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 6 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 7 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 8 Ilford social club elects new president for 2022
- 9 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 10 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
Anyone with information or anyone with footage relating to it is asked to contact police on 101 quoting CAD 4221/14Apr.