Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- Credit: Archant
Two men were arrested after reports a car had been driven into two other men who were then assaulted with a pole in Ilford.
Two men, aged 17 and 18, were arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon after police were called to Ilford Lane shortly before 3pm on Wednesday, April 14 to a report of a fight.
It was reported two men had driven a car at two other men and then got out and attacked them with a pole and a sharp object, believed to be a key.
One of the men suffered a cut to his hand.
A vehicle was stopped in Ilford Lane and the two occupants were arrested.
You may also want to watch:
The 17-year-old was also arrested on suspicion of causing ABH and the 18-year-old for common assault.
A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said: "An investigation is ongoing and neighbourhood policing teams and local authority officers continue to undertake joint reassurance patrols in the vicinity."
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 5 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
Anyone with information or anyone with footage relating to it is asked to contact police on 101 quoting CAD 4221/14Apr.