Two arrested in Barkingside after three-vehicle crash with alleged gun threat
- Credit: Archant
Two men were arrested in Barkingside following a three-vehicle collision where a lorry driver was allegedly threatened with a gun.
Essex Police were called to reports of a collision between a Range Rover, BMW and a lorry in Water Lane, Roydon, around 8.10pm on Wednesday, May 27.
Police were told the men believed to be in the Range Rover threatened those in the lorry with a gun and drove off.
The car was later stopped in Cranbrook Road, Barkingside, with the help of Met Police and two men were arrested.
They remain in custody.
You may also want to watch:
No serious injuries were reported from the collision in Roydon.
If you saw or have information about the incident or have dashcam footage, contact Harlow CID on 101 quoting incident number 1241 of May 27.
- 1 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 2 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 3 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 4 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 5 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 6 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 New entrance opened at Ilford Station to support Elizabeth line
- 9 Fire at block of maisonettes in Wanstead
- 10 Redbridge school's staff to strike over Covid working dispute
Information can also be reported anonymously to independent charity Crimestoppers at crimestoppers-uk.org or on 0800 555 111.