Trial set for man accused of trying to rob West Ham United star Andy Carroll’s watch in Chigwell
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A 21-year-old is to stand trial for an attempted robbery of West Ham United striker Andy Carroll in Chigwell earlier this month.
Jack O’Brien, of Navarre Gardens, Collier Row, appeared in Basildon Magistrates’ Court today for that, and 15 other offences.
He is accused of trying to rob the West Ham star’s £22,000 watch while the striker was driving down Romford Road, in Chigwell, on November 2.
The 27-year-old footballer managed to motor away to the club’s training ground, in Rush Green.
Hammers manager Slaven Bilic described his striker as “very brave”.
You may also want to watch:
O’Brien will stand trial for this and 15 other offences at Basildon Crown Court on December 12.
He is also charged with one count of handling stolen goods, one count of aggravated burglary and 13 counts of burglary, across London, Essex and Hertfordshire.
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 7 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 8 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 9 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath