Trial begins in shooting death of 19-year-old man in Ilford
- Credit: Met Police
The trial of three men charged with murder over the shooting of Abdifatah “Abdi” Sheikhey, 19 in Ilford Lane, will start on Monday.
Police charged Sami Omar, 21, and Roberto Mohamed, 20, both of Kingston Road, Ilford, as well as Jordie Kibusi, 20, of Wisteria Close, Ilford, with murder on March 30.
They will appear before the Old Bailey on Monday.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at 10.10pm on March 21 to Bedford Road at the junction with Ilford Lane to reports of a man unconscious after being shot.
Officers and paramedics found Abdi, who lived in Sunnyside Road, suffering from gunshot wounds and he was pronounced dead at the scene at 11.22pm.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives believe that the shooting took place in Woodlands Road, and the vehicle containing Abdi was driven the short distance to Bedford Road.
A post-mortem examination at East Ham Mortuary gave cause of death as a gunshot wound to the heart.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath