Trial begins in shooting death of 19-year-old man in Ilford
- Credit: Met Police
The trial of three men charged with murder over the shooting of Abdifatah “Abdi” Sheikhey, 19 in Ilford Lane, will start on Monday.
Police charged Sami Omar, 21, and Roberto Mohamed, 20, both of Kingston Road, Ilford, as well as Jordie Kibusi, 20, of Wisteria Close, Ilford, with murder on March 30.
They will appear before the Old Bailey on Monday.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at 10.10pm on March 21 to Bedford Road at the junction with Ilford Lane to reports of a man unconscious after being shot.
Officers and paramedics found Abdi, who lived in Sunnyside Road, suffering from gunshot wounds and he was pronounced dead at the scene at 11.22pm.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives believe that the shooting took place in Woodlands Road, and the vehicle containing Abdi was driven the short distance to Bedford Road.
A post-mortem examination at East Ham Mortuary gave cause of death as a gunshot wound to the heart.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 From City Hall: Increase of council tax a slap in the face for every struggling Londoner
- 10 Consultation for School Streets expansion extended