Trial begins in shooting death of 19-year-old man in Ilford
- Credit: Met Police
The trial of three men charged with murder over the shooting of Abdifatah “Abdi” Sheikhey, 19 in Ilford Lane, will start on Monday.
Police charged Sami Omar, 21, and Roberto Mohamed, 20, both of Kingston Road, Ilford, as well as Jordie Kibusi, 20, of Wisteria Close, Ilford, with murder on March 30.
They will appear before the Old Bailey on Monday.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at 10.10pm on March 21 to Bedford Road at the junction with Ilford Lane to reports of a man unconscious after being shot.
Officers and paramedics found Abdi, who lived in Sunnyside Road, suffering from gunshot wounds and he was pronounced dead at the scene at 11.22pm.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives believe that the shooting took place in Woodlands Road, and the vehicle containing Abdi was driven the short distance to Bedford Road.
A post-mortem examination at East Ham Mortuary gave cause of death as a gunshot wound to the heart.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 4 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 7 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 8 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 9 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 10 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines