Trial begins in shooting death of 19-year-old man in Ilford
- Credit: Met Police
The trial of three men charged with murder over the shooting of Abdifatah “Abdi” Sheikhey, 19 in Ilford Lane, will start on Monday.
Police charged Sami Omar, 21, and Roberto Mohamed, 20, both of Kingston Road, Ilford, as well as Jordie Kibusi, 20, of Wisteria Close, Ilford, with murder on March 30.
They will appear before the Old Bailey on Monday.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at 10.10pm on March 21 to Bedford Road at the junction with Ilford Lane to reports of a man unconscious after being shot.
Officers and paramedics found Abdi, who lived in Sunnyside Road, suffering from gunshot wounds and he was pronounced dead at the scene at 11.22pm.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives believe that the shooting took place in Woodlands Road, and the vehicle containing Abdi was driven the short distance to Bedford Road.
A post-mortem examination at East Ham Mortuary gave cause of death as a gunshot wound to the heart.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap