Treatment of minorities in the Criminal Justice System to be dicussed at Gants Hill meeting
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Redbridge Equalities & Community Council (RECC) is holding a meeting about the Lammy Review on Monday, March 4.
The Review is an independent report on the treatment of, and outcomes for black, Asian and minority ethnic people in the Criminal Justice System.
It was led by David Lammy, the MP for Tottenham, and commissioned by the government under the then prime minister David Cameron.
RECC said the report is disturbing to read and exposes inequalities in terms of how both suspects and victims of crime fair in the system.
“We are very pleased to have Dr Omar Khan, director of the Runnymede Trust, speak about the review and what should be done to change things for the better,” an RECC spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
The event will be held in New Hall, Gants Hill United Reformed Church, Ethelbert Gardens with drinks at 7pm before a 7.30pm start.
For more information call 020 8551 8178 or email email@example.com .
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 9 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 10 Redbridge parents' group donates more laptops to schools