Train driver ‘does emergency stop’ after seeing woman on tracks near Goodmayes station
A train driver reportedly did an emergency stop after spotting a woman on the tracks near Goodmayes station.
Police removed the woman from the tracks at the station near Goodmayes Road, Goodmayes at around 5pm today.
Greater Anglia said services travelling past the station have been delayed.
Two people who posted on social networking website Twitter claim the woman was “almost killed”.
User @BridgePrint wrote their train did an “emergency stop”.
You may also want to watch:
It is not clear at his stage if the woman has been detained by police.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 5 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Counsellor offers group therapy for fellow parents grieving loss of child
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford