Train driver ‘does emergency stop’ after seeing woman on tracks near Goodmayes station
A train driver reportedly did an emergency stop after spotting a woman on the tracks near Goodmayes station.
Police removed the woman from the tracks at the station near Goodmayes Road, Goodmayes at around 5pm today.
Greater Anglia said services travelling past the station have been delayed.
Two people who posted on social networking website Twitter claim the woman was “almost killed”.
User @BridgePrint wrote their train did an “emergency stop”.
It is not clear at his stage if the woman has been detained by police.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 3 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 4 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 5 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 8 Two more men charged with murder after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 9 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 10 Trust admits 'still more to do' despite diagnostic imaging improvements