Top tips for Redbridge Council employment event
- Credit: Archant
Work Redbridge are holding a Jobs and Training Fair on September 17, to help unemployed people get back into work.
The event will be from 11am to 3pm at Redbridge Town Hall, in High Road, Ilford.
Attendees will get the opportunity to speak directly to several employers, including Barclays, City Airport and Crossrail, as well as accessing more than 100 vacancies.
Experts will give workshops on CVs, career options, interviews and working in retail.
Taster sessions on offer include hairdressing, catering and IT.
You may also want to watch:
Leader of Redbridge Council, Cllr Jas Athwal, said: “Finding a new job can be tough and helping people into work is a key priority for the council.
“The Work Redbridge Jobs and Training Fair will offer real opportunities with over 100 vacancies.”
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 7 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 8 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
The council have released tips for attendees at the fair looking for employment.
Dress smartly, take your CV with you and bring a folder to store brochures and business cards.