Top tips for Redbridge Council employment event
- Credit: Archant
Work Redbridge are holding a Jobs and Training Fair on September 17, to help unemployed people get back into work.
The event will be from 11am to 3pm at Redbridge Town Hall, in High Road, Ilford.
Attendees will get the opportunity to speak directly to several employers, including Barclays, City Airport and Crossrail, as well as accessing more than 100 vacancies.
Experts will give workshops on CVs, career options, interviews and working in retail.
Taster sessions on offer include hairdressing, catering and IT.
You may also want to watch:
Leader of Redbridge Council, Cllr Jas Athwal, said: “Finding a new job can be tough and helping people into work is a key priority for the council.
“The Work Redbridge Jobs and Training Fair will offer real opportunities with over 100 vacancies.”
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 6 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 7 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 8 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 9 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 10 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
The council have released tips for attendees at the fair looking for employment.
Dress smartly, take your CV with you and bring a folder to store brochures and business cards.