Top tips for Redbridge Council employment event
- Credit: Archant
Work Redbridge are holding a Jobs and Training Fair on September 17, to help unemployed people get back into work.
The event will be from 11am to 3pm at Redbridge Town Hall, in High Road, Ilford.
Attendees will get the opportunity to speak directly to several employers, including Barclays, City Airport and Crossrail, as well as accessing more than 100 vacancies.
Experts will give workshops on CVs, career options, interviews and working in retail.
Taster sessions on offer include hairdressing, catering and IT.
You may also want to watch:
Leader of Redbridge Council, Cllr Jas Athwal, said: “Finding a new job can be tough and helping people into work is a key priority for the council.
“The Work Redbridge Jobs and Training Fair will offer real opportunities with over 100 vacancies.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 4 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
The council have released tips for attendees at the fair looking for employment.
Dress smartly, take your CV with you and bring a folder to store brochures and business cards.