Top tips for Redbridge Council employment event
- Credit: Archant
Work Redbridge are holding a Jobs and Training Fair on September 17, to help unemployed people get back into work.
The event will be from 11am to 3pm at Redbridge Town Hall, in High Road, Ilford.
Attendees will get the opportunity to speak directly to several employers, including Barclays, City Airport and Crossrail, as well as accessing more than 100 vacancies.
Experts will give workshops on CVs, career options, interviews and working in retail.
Taster sessions on offer include hairdressing, catering and IT.
Leader of Redbridge Council, Cllr Jas Athwal, said: “Finding a new job can be tough and helping people into work is a key priority for the council.
“The Work Redbridge Jobs and Training Fair will offer real opportunities with over 100 vacancies.”
- 1 Two people arrested following Ilford drugs lab bust
- 2 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 4 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 5 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 6 Labour wins Mayfield seats in delayed election
- 7 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 8 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 9 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 10 Update: Sixth arrest following killing of Michael Ugwa
The council have released tips for attendees at the fair looking for employment.
Dress smartly, take your CV with you and bring a folder to store brochures and business cards.