Three men arrested and man hospitalised after fight in Hickling Road, Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been arrested following a brawl in Hickling Road, Ilford, in the early hours of this morning.
One man, aged 20, was hospitalised after being found at the scene suffering from cuts and bruises.
Police were called to the fight shortly after 2.45am, which witnesses said involved between 20 and 30 people.
Suresh Patel, whose house overlooks the scene, said he was woken up at around 2.30am by shouting.
He added: “Then I saw police cars in the road and an ambulance came. I heard shouting and cans being thrown but I couldn’t see anything because it was so dark.”
You may also want to watch:
The confrontation is believed to have started outside the nearby Angel Supermarket, in Ilford Lane.
A member of staff, who did not want to be named, said a large group of young men had been “drinking and dancing” outside the shop.
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 3 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
Police have arrested a 19-year-old man from Ilford, a 21-year-old man from Barking and a 26-year-old man from Barking. They are currently being held in custody at an east London police station.
Hickling Road is currently closed to through traffic while a police cordon is in place.
Redbridge Police are investigating the incident.