Three men arrested and man hospitalised after fight in Hickling Road, Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been arrested following a brawl in Hickling Road, Ilford, in the early hours of this morning.
One man, aged 20, was hospitalised after being found at the scene suffering from cuts and bruises.
Police were called to the fight shortly after 2.45am, which witnesses said involved between 20 and 30 people.
Suresh Patel, whose house overlooks the scene, said he was woken up at around 2.30am by shouting.
He added: “Then I saw police cars in the road and an ambulance came. I heard shouting and cans being thrown but I couldn’t see anything because it was so dark.”
You may also want to watch:
The confrontation is believed to have started outside the nearby Angel Supermarket, in Ilford Lane.
A member of staff, who did not want to be named, said a large group of young men had been “drinking and dancing” outside the shop.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 4 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 5 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 10 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
Police have arrested a 19-year-old man from Ilford, a 21-year-old man from Barking and a 26-year-old man from Barking. They are currently being held in custody at an east London police station.
Hickling Road is currently closed to through traffic while a police cordon is in place.
Redbridge Police are investigating the incident.