Three men arrested and man hospitalised after fight in Hickling Road, Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been arrested following a brawl in Hickling Road, Ilford, in the early hours of this morning.
One man, aged 20, was hospitalised after being found at the scene suffering from cuts and bruises.
Police were called to the fight shortly after 2.45am, which witnesses said involved between 20 and 30 people.
Suresh Patel, whose house overlooks the scene, said he was woken up at around 2.30am by shouting.
He added: “Then I saw police cars in the road and an ambulance came. I heard shouting and cans being thrown but I couldn’t see anything because it was so dark.”
You may also want to watch:
The confrontation is believed to have started outside the nearby Angel Supermarket, in Ilford Lane.
A member of staff, who did not want to be named, said a large group of young men had been “drinking and dancing” outside the shop.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Iain Duncan Smith reveals death threat as MPs pay tribute to 'unfailingly kind' colleague
Police have arrested a 19-year-old man from Ilford, a 21-year-old man from Barking and a 26-year-old man from Barking. They are currently being held in custody at an east London police station.
Hickling Road is currently closed to through traffic while a police cordon is in place.
Redbridge Police are investigating the incident.