Three men arrested and man hospitalised after fight in Hickling Road, Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been arrested following a brawl in Hickling Road, Ilford, in the early hours of this morning.
One man, aged 20, was hospitalised after being found at the scene suffering from cuts and bruises.
Police were called to the fight shortly after 2.45am, which witnesses said involved between 20 and 30 people.
Suresh Patel, whose house overlooks the scene, said he was woken up at around 2.30am by shouting.
He added: “Then I saw police cars in the road and an ambulance came. I heard shouting and cans being thrown but I couldn’t see anything because it was so dark.”
You may also want to watch:
The confrontation is believed to have started outside the nearby Angel Supermarket, in Ilford Lane.
A member of staff, who did not want to be named, said a large group of young men had been “drinking and dancing” outside the shop.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 6 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 7 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 8 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 9 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 10 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
Police have arrested a 19-year-old man from Ilford, a 21-year-old man from Barking and a 26-year-old man from Barking. They are currently being held in custody at an east London police station.
Hickling Road is currently closed to through traffic while a police cordon is in place.
Redbridge Police are investigating the incident.