Three men arrested and man hospitalised after fight in Hickling Road, Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been arrested following a brawl in Hickling Road, Ilford, in the early hours of this morning.
One man, aged 20, was hospitalised after being found at the scene suffering from cuts and bruises.
Police were called to the fight shortly after 2.45am, which witnesses said involved between 20 and 30 people.
Suresh Patel, whose house overlooks the scene, said he was woken up at around 2.30am by shouting.
He added: “Then I saw police cars in the road and an ambulance came. I heard shouting and cans being thrown but I couldn’t see anything because it was so dark.”
You may also want to watch:
The confrontation is believed to have started outside the nearby Angel Supermarket, in Ilford Lane.
A member of staff, who did not want to be named, said a large group of young men had been “drinking and dancing” outside the shop.
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 3 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 7 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 8 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 9 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
Police have arrested a 19-year-old man from Ilford, a 21-year-old man from Barking and a 26-year-old man from Barking. They are currently being held in custody at an east London police station.
Hickling Road is currently closed to through traffic while a police cordon is in place.
Redbridge Police are investigating the incident.