Woodford Green couple and Stepney Green man charged with drugs offences
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Three people alleged to be part of an organised crime group (OCG) suspected of managing the distribution of large quantities of drugs across London, have been charged following a series of arrests by City of London Police.
On Thursday, December 3 officers from the Central Detective Unit conducted searches at six addresses in east London and Essex as part of a crackdown on drug-related offences.
A married couple from Woodford Green - Wesley Candida, 29 and Vanessa Candida, 28, of The Hawthorns - as well as Wanderson Rocha Dos Santos, 30, of Stayners Roads, Stepney Green, were charged with three counts of conspiracy to distribute class A drugs, as well as proceeds of crime offences.
They are due to appear in court on January 4.
It is suspected that the OCG were distributing a variety of drugs in large amounts, in particular, chemsex drugs, or party and play drugs.
You may also want to watch:
Another person was also arrested and has since been bailed while officers continue with their enquiries.
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 4 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 5 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Council left homeless family 'stuck in cycle of instability', report finds
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman