Woodford Green couple and Stepney Green man charged with drugs offences
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Three people alleged to be part of an organised crime group (OCG) suspected of managing the distribution of large quantities of drugs across London, have been charged following a series of arrests by City of London Police.
On Thursday, December 3 officers from the Central Detective Unit conducted searches at six addresses in east London and Essex as part of a crackdown on drug-related offences.
A married couple from Woodford Green - Wesley Candida, 29 and Vanessa Candida, 28, of The Hawthorns - as well as Wanderson Rocha Dos Santos, 30, of Stayners Roads, Stepney Green, were charged with three counts of conspiracy to distribute class A drugs, as well as proceeds of crime offences.
They are due to appear in court on January 4.
It is suspected that the OCG were distributing a variety of drugs in large amounts, in particular, chemsex drugs, or party and play drugs.
You may also want to watch:
Another person was also arrested and has since been bailed while officers continue with their enquiries.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath