Woodford Green couple and Stepney Green man charged with drugs offences
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Three people alleged to be part of an organised crime group (OCG) suspected of managing the distribution of large quantities of drugs across London, have been charged following a series of arrests by City of London Police.
On Thursday, December 3 officers from the Central Detective Unit conducted searches at six addresses in east London and Essex as part of a crackdown on drug-related offences.
A married couple from Woodford Green - Wesley Candida, 29 and Vanessa Candida, 28, of The Hawthorns - as well as Wanderson Rocha Dos Santos, 30, of Stayners Roads, Stepney Green, were charged with three counts of conspiracy to distribute class A drugs, as well as proceeds of crime offences.
They are due to appear in court on January 4.
It is suspected that the OCG were distributing a variety of drugs in large amounts, in particular, chemsex drugs, or party and play drugs.
You may also want to watch:
Another person was also arrested and has since been bailed while officers continue with their enquiries.
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 3 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 4 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 5 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 6 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 7 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 8 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 9 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder