Three charged over £2.7m of cocaine and £50k found after stop on car in South Woodford
Three men have been charged after cocaine with a street value of £2.7million and around £50,000 in cash were seized by police.
Police pulled over a BMW at the Waterworks roundabout, Woodford Avenue, South Woodford on Monday at about 6pm in a pre-planned strike
Nertil Curi, 27, of Ecclesbourne Close, Gentjan Mataj, 24, of Linkside Gardens, and Brikel Mataj, 29, of Linkside Gardens, all in Enfield, appeared in court yesterday.
They were charged with conspiracy to supply class A and B drugs as well as money laundering and appeared as Thames Magistrates’ Court.
All three were remanded into custody and will appear at Maidstone Crown Court on September 4.
Two further men, aged 24 and 31, have been bailed pending further investigation.
- 1 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 2 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 4 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 5 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 6 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 7 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 8 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 9 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 10 Long-life food, foil and credit: Readers' tips for saving money this winter