Three charged over £2.7m of cocaine and £50k found after stop on car in South Woodford
Three men have been charged after cocaine with a street value of £2.7million and around £50,000 in cash were seized by police.
Police pulled over a BMW at the Waterworks roundabout, Woodford Avenue, South Woodford on Monday at about 6pm in a pre-planned strike
Nertil Curi, 27, of Ecclesbourne Close, Gentjan Mataj, 24, of Linkside Gardens, and Brikel Mataj, 29, of Linkside Gardens, all in Enfield, appeared in court yesterday.
They were charged with conspiracy to supply class A and B drugs as well as money laundering and appeared as Thames Magistrates’ Court.
All three were remanded into custody and will appear at Maidstone Crown Court on September 4.
You may also want to watch:
Two further men, aged 24 and 31, have been bailed pending further investigation.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 4 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 5 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 6 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Ilford North MP questions home secretary over 'lost' police records
- 8 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 9 Inquest into murdered nursing student fails to establish cause of death
- 10 Seven Kings novelist among winners of London Writers Awards