Three charged over £2.7m of cocaine and £50k found after stop on car in South Woodford
Three men have been charged after cocaine with a street value of £2.7million and around £50,000 in cash were seized by police.
Police pulled over a BMW at the Waterworks roundabout, Woodford Avenue, South Woodford on Monday at about 6pm in a pre-planned strike
Nertil Curi, 27, of Ecclesbourne Close, Gentjan Mataj, 24, of Linkside Gardens, and Brikel Mataj, 29, of Linkside Gardens, all in Enfield, appeared in court yesterday.
They were charged with conspiracy to supply class A and B drugs as well as money laundering and appeared as Thames Magistrates’ Court.
All three were remanded into custody and will appear at Maidstone Crown Court on September 4.
You may also want to watch:
Two further men, aged 24 and 31, have been bailed pending further investigation.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford