Three car collision in Ilford street
- Credit: Archant
It is a scene more common at a local fairground’s bumper car ride.
So it was fortunate none of passengers were seriously injured in the three-vehicle accident in Henley Road, Ilford, this afternoon.
Driver Saif Ahmed did break his hand in the incident, though.
Cllr Varinder Singh heard the collision from his home in the same road.
He said: “I have lived in this house since I was born 26 years ago and I have never seen a three car collision here – this is something new.
You may also want to watch:
“A small roundabout was introduced a few years ago and that has helped traffic in the road.
“People now slow down – there used to be a lot more problems.”
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 3 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 4 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 5 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 6 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
Cllr Singh took a picture from his home on hearing a “loud bang” outside.
“I thought it was two cars but when I ran upstairs I saw it was three,” he added.
Police confirmed they attended the incident at 3pm.
“The officers did a great job in helping all the victims,” Cllr Singh said.