Three car collision in Ilford street
- Credit: Archant
It is a scene more common at a local fairground’s bumper car ride.
So it was fortunate none of passengers were seriously injured in the three-vehicle accident in Henley Road, Ilford, this afternoon.
Driver Saif Ahmed did break his hand in the incident, though.
Cllr Varinder Singh heard the collision from his home in the same road.
He said: “I have lived in this house since I was born 26 years ago and I have never seen a three car collision here – this is something new.
You may also want to watch:
“A small roundabout was introduced a few years ago and that has helped traffic in the road.
“People now slow down – there used to be a lot more problems.”
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 5 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 6 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 9 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 10 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
Cllr Singh took a picture from his home on hearing a “loud bang” outside.
“I thought it was two cars but when I ran upstairs I saw it was three,” he added.
Police confirmed they attended the incident at 3pm.
“The officers did a great job in helping all the victims,” Cllr Singh said.