Three car collision in Ilford street
- Credit: Archant
It is a scene more common at a local fairground’s bumper car ride.
So it was fortunate none of passengers were seriously injured in the three-vehicle accident in Henley Road, Ilford, this afternoon.
Driver Saif Ahmed did break his hand in the incident, though.
Cllr Varinder Singh heard the collision from his home in the same road.
He said: “I have lived in this house since I was born 26 years ago and I have never seen a three car collision here – this is something new.
“A small roundabout was introduced a few years ago and that has helped traffic in the road.
“People now slow down – there used to be a lot more problems.”
- 1 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 2 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 3 Man allegedly commits GBH after robbing bottles of champagne from Tesco
- 4 Wendy's Ilford: New opening date for High Road restaurant after delay
- 5 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
- 6 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 'Truly inspiring' journalist returns to school to tell her story to students
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Redbridge Conservatives choose new leader
- 10 Jailed: 'Selfish' 135mph driver spotted speeding on M11 near Woodford
Cllr Singh took a picture from his home on hearing a “loud bang” outside.
“I thought it was two cars but when I ran upstairs I saw it was three,” he added.
Police confirmed they attended the incident at 3pm.
“The officers did a great job in helping all the victims,” Cllr Singh said.