Three car collision in Ilford street
- Credit: Archant
It is a scene more common at a local fairground’s bumper car ride.
So it was fortunate none of passengers were seriously injured in the three-vehicle accident in Henley Road, Ilford, this afternoon.
Driver Saif Ahmed did break his hand in the incident, though.
Cllr Varinder Singh heard the collision from his home in the same road.
He said: “I have lived in this house since I was born 26 years ago and I have never seen a three car collision here – this is something new.
You may also want to watch:
“A small roundabout was introduced a few years ago and that has helped traffic in the road.
“People now slow down – there used to be a lot more problems.”
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
Cllr Singh took a picture from his home on hearing a “loud bang” outside.
“I thought it was two cars but when I ran upstairs I saw it was three,” he added.
Police confirmed they attended the incident at 3pm.
“The officers did a great job in helping all the victims,” Cllr Singh said.