Three car collision in Ilford street
- Credit: Archant
It is a scene more common at a local fairground’s bumper car ride.
So it was fortunate none of passengers were seriously injured in the three-vehicle accident in Henley Road, Ilford, this afternoon.
Driver Saif Ahmed did break his hand in the incident, though.
Cllr Varinder Singh heard the collision from his home in the same road.
He said: “I have lived in this house since I was born 26 years ago and I have never seen a three car collision here – this is something new.
You may also want to watch:
“A small roundabout was introduced a few years ago and that has helped traffic in the road.
“People now slow down – there used to be a lot more problems.”
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 8 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 9 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
Cllr Singh took a picture from his home on hearing a “loud bang” outside.
“I thought it was two cars but when I ran upstairs I saw it was three,” he added.
Police confirmed they attended the incident at 3pm.
“The officers did a great job in helping all the victims,” Cllr Singh said.