Three arrested on suspicion of kidnap after police stop vehicle
- Credit: Google
Three men have been arrested on suspicion of kidnap after police stopped a vehicle.
Police made a “proactive vehicle stop” at the A406 flyover in Redbridge at about 5am today (Tuesday, August 24), a Met spokesperson said.
The men, aged between 19 and 23, were arrested at the scene.
“The stop was conducted by armed officers from the Met and supported by colleagues from Essex Police,” the spokesperson said.
“All three men were taken to a police station in east London where they remain. Enquiries are ongoing.”
The A406 North Circular Road was closed at the Redbridge roundabout while police dealt with the incident.
- 1 Rat-running lorry drivers in Redbridge face fines of up to £130
- 2 Goodmayes 'loner' found dead in 'dilapidated' flat leaves £400k fortune
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 5 Percentage of unvaccinated hospital staff revealed as mandatory jab deadline looms
- 6 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Ex-police officer served for four years after being accused of 'sexual and physical assaults'
- 8 Appeal after motorcyclist killed in hit and run in Redbridge
- 9 Councils with low Covid vaccine rates given funds to help people get jabbed
- 10 Fatal collision on M11: One driver charged, one driver released