Three arrested on suspicion of kidnap after police stop vehicle
- Credit: Google
Three men have been arrested on suspicion of kidnap after police stopped a vehicle.
Police made a “proactive vehicle stop” at the A406 flyover in Redbridge at about 5am today (Tuesday, August 24), a Met spokesperson said.
The men, aged between 19 and 23, were arrested at the scene.
“The stop was conducted by armed officers from the Met and supported by colleagues from Essex Police,” the spokesperson said.
“All three men were taken to a police station in east London where they remain. Enquiries are ongoing.”
You may also want to watch:
The A406 North Circular Road was closed at the Redbridge roundabout while police dealt with the incident.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 3 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 6 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 7 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London