Third man arrested in case of Chigwell have-a-go hero dad who died protecting shop
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have made a third arrest in the case of a have-a-go hero dad who died following a suspected robbery.
The 38-year-old man, who has not been named, was arrested at his home in Barking this morning on suspicion of conspiracy to rob and remains in custody at an east London police station.
The arrest follows the death of Shammi Atwal, 45, of Chigwell, who co-owned Glenn and Co cash and carry in River Road, Barking, with his wife, 37.
Police said father-of-two Mr Atwal was killed when he was struck by a lorry after chasing a gang of alleged robbers from his store on Monday, October 14. The driver stopped and was not arrested.
Two men have already been charged with manslaughter and robbery in connection with the investigation and appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
They were Vidmantas Gonskoves, 26 of Grange Road, Plaistow, and Aurimas Diliunas, 27, of Rosslyn Road, Barking.
Both men were remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Monday, November 4.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 9 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 10 Redbridge parents' group donates more laptops to schools