Thieves ‘knew we were in the car’ claims girl, 8, kidnapped with her brother in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A thief who stole a car with two young children in the back knew they were in there, one of the kidnapped youngsters says.
The eight-year-old girl, who was trapped with her five-year-old brother, told the Recorder: “They knew we were in the car, I saw him look into my eyes.”
The pair were taken when mother Kavipriya Paladhanushan, 36, was picking up her 11-year-old son from a tuition session in Roman Road, Ilford, at 4.30pm on Sunday.
They were on the way to a friend’s barbecue.
She left the car to help him cross the road – and was only a few metres away – when a man jumped in the grey Audi and sped off towards Uphall Road with the two youngsters trapped inside.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Paladhanushan said it was her “worst nightmare”.
The older son ran after the thief and found his siblings had been dumped out of the car in nearby Fairfield Road, after an accomplice had leapt in.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 6 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 9 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 10 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
Read the full exclusive interview with their kidnapped children in today’s Recorder.
If you have any information contact Redbridge Police on 101.