Teens in stolen car charged after police pursuit from Southend to Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Three teenagers caught driving a stolen car have been charged following a police chase from Southend-on-Sea to Ilford.
Ibrahim Mohammed, 19, and Kelechi Ojiako, 18, of Ilford along with Plaistow resident Chyane Ajaz, 18, refused to stop when requested to do so, by officers at 3am on Sunday, February 18.
The owners of the car reported the theft of their vehicle to police and said it was taken at some point between Valentine’s Day evening and the morning of Thursday, February 15.
Mobile phones, laptops and cash were also missing from their home.
Mohammed, Ojiako, and Ajaz, have all been charged with dangerous driving and aggravated vehicle taking.
You may also want to watch:
Mohammed was also charged with driving without insurance or a licence and Ojiako, was also charged with offering to supply cocaine.
All three men have appeared before Medway Magistrates’ Court by virtual court and have been remanded to appear at Maidstone Crown Court on Tuesday, March 20.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours