Teens in stolen car charged after police pursuit from Southend to Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Three teenagers caught driving a stolen car have been charged following a police chase from Southend-on-Sea to Ilford.
Ibrahim Mohammed, 19, and Kelechi Ojiako, 18, of Ilford along with Plaistow resident Chyane Ajaz, 18, refused to stop when requested to do so, by officers at 3am on Sunday, February 18.
The owners of the car reported the theft of their vehicle to police and said it was taken at some point between Valentine’s Day evening and the morning of Thursday, February 15.
Mobile phones, laptops and cash were also missing from their home.
Mohammed, Ojiako, and Ajaz, have all been charged with dangerous driving and aggravated vehicle taking.
You may also want to watch:
Mohammed was also charged with driving without insurance or a licence and Ojiako, was also charged with offering to supply cocaine.
All three men have appeared before Medway Magistrates’ Court by virtual court and have been remanded to appear at Maidstone Crown Court on Tuesday, March 20.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 5 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 6 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 7 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 8 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 9 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford