Ilford and Chigwell teens arrested on suspicion of drugs offences after police stop and search
- Credit: MPS
Two teenagers from Ilford and Chigwell have been arrested on suspicion of drugs offences after narcotics and a large amount of cash were allegedly discovered on them during a routine stop this weekend.
At 12.35am on Saturday (July 14), officers stopped a vehicle in Brook Road, Buckhurst Hill, and while searching three people, reportedly discovered an illegal substance and the money.
While detaining one of the boys an officer was injured, yet still managed to make the arrests.
A 17-year-old boy from Wilmslow, Cheshire, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence and possession of drugs with intent to supply.
A 17-year-old boy from Ilford was arrested on suspicion of resisting arrest and possession of drugs with intent to supply.
You may also want to watch:
A 19-year-old man from Chigwell was arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of drugs.
All three have been bailed until Wednesday, August 8.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 5 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 7 Gants Hill care worker's daughter wins Bafta
- 8 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Counsellor offers group therapy for fellow parents grieving loss of child