Ilford and Chigwell teens arrested on suspicion of drugs offences after police stop and search
- Credit: MPS
Two teenagers from Ilford and Chigwell have been arrested on suspicion of drugs offences after narcotics and a large amount of cash were allegedly discovered on them during a routine stop this weekend.
At 12.35am on Saturday (July 14), officers stopped a vehicle in Brook Road, Buckhurst Hill, and while searching three people, reportedly discovered an illegal substance and the money.
While detaining one of the boys an officer was injured, yet still managed to make the arrests.
A 17-year-old boy from Wilmslow, Cheshire, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence and possession of drugs with intent to supply.
A 17-year-old boy from Ilford was arrested on suspicion of resisting arrest and possession of drugs with intent to supply.
You may also want to watch:
A 19-year-old man from Chigwell was arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of drugs.
All three have been bailed until Wednesday, August 8.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 4 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 10 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims