Ilford and Chigwell teens arrested on suspicion of drugs offences after police stop and search
- Credit: MPS
Two teenagers from Ilford and Chigwell have been arrested on suspicion of drugs offences after narcotics and a large amount of cash were allegedly discovered on them during a routine stop this weekend.
At 12.35am on Saturday (July 14), officers stopped a vehicle in Brook Road, Buckhurst Hill, and while searching three people, reportedly discovered an illegal substance and the money.
While detaining one of the boys an officer was injured, yet still managed to make the arrests.
A 17-year-old boy from Wilmslow, Cheshire, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence and possession of drugs with intent to supply.
A 17-year-old boy from Ilford was arrested on suspicion of resisting arrest and possession of drugs with intent to supply.
You may also want to watch:
A 19-year-old man from Chigwell was arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of drugs.
All three have been bailed until Wednesday, August 8.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 10 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash