Teenagers involved in Goodmayes police chase are hospitalised with severe injuries
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers are in hospital with severe injuries after their moped collided with a car while being chased by the police.
Officer witnessed two juveniles, aged 16 and 17, riding one moped without registration the wrong way up the A406 on January 12.
Police began an authorised pursuit of the juveniles at 3.52am down Waterworks Junction towards the Charlie Brown roundabout.
The moped then ran a red light on the Barley Lane junction with Goodmayes High Road and was completely swiped out by another car.
The incident was recorded by police.
You may also want to watch:
One of the males was seen to throw a bag which is suspected to be a bag found containing tools used in connection with burglaries.
Police received many burglary calls on January, 11, and it is believed that these could possibly be linked to this incident.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 3 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 4 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 10 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
It is unknown at this stage whether the bag was one of the suspect’s personal property and whether they were involved in those burglaries.