Teenagers involved in Goodmayes police chase are hospitalised with severe injuries
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers are in hospital with severe injuries after their moped collided with a car while being chased by the police.
Officer witnessed two juveniles, aged 16 and 17, riding one moped without registration the wrong way up the A406 on January 12.
Police began an authorised pursuit of the juveniles at 3.52am down Waterworks Junction towards the Charlie Brown roundabout.
The moped then ran a red light on the Barley Lane junction with Goodmayes High Road and was completely swiped out by another car.
The incident was recorded by police.
You may also want to watch:
One of the males was seen to throw a bag which is suspected to be a bag found containing tools used in connection with burglaries.
Police received many burglary calls on January, 11, and it is believed that these could possibly be linked to this incident.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved
It is unknown at this stage whether the bag was one of the suspect’s personal property and whether they were involved in those burglaries.