Teenager shot in the head with a BB gun while travelling to Ilford on a bus
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Detectives are appealing for information after an 18-year-old male was shot in the head with a BB gun on a bus.
The teenager was travelling towards Ilford on the No25, on November 11 at 1.43pm, when he felt something hit the back of his head.
He immediately turned around and saw a few people but no one looked “suspicious”.
When the victim touched the back of his head he felt a small metal ball protruding from his skin, which was bleeding slightly.
Police believe the victim was struck by a metal ball fired from a ball bearing pellet gun – commonly know as a BB gun.
You may also want to watch:
The injured man required hospital treatment but has since been discharged.
The incident is being investigated by detectives from the Met’s Roads and Transport Policing Command.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 3 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
No arrests have been made and inquiries are ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Teresa Moore on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800555111.
Alternatively you can tweet @MetCC with any information.