Teenager shot in the head with a BB gun while travelling to Ilford on a bus
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Detectives are appealing for information after an 18-year-old male was shot in the head with a BB gun on a bus.
The teenager was travelling towards Ilford on the No25, on November 11 at 1.43pm, when he felt something hit the back of his head.
He immediately turned around and saw a few people but no one looked “suspicious”.
When the victim touched the back of his head he felt a small metal ball protruding from his skin, which was bleeding slightly.
Police believe the victim was struck by a metal ball fired from a ball bearing pellet gun – commonly know as a BB gun.
You may also want to watch:
The injured man required hospital treatment but has since been discharged.
The incident is being investigated by detectives from the Met’s Roads and Transport Policing Command.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 7 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 8 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 9 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
No arrests have been made and inquiries are ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Teresa Moore on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800555111.
Alternatively you can tweet @MetCC with any information.