Teenager shot in the head with a BB gun while travelling to Ilford on a bus
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Detectives are appealing for information after an 18-year-old male was shot in the head with a BB gun on a bus.
The teenager was travelling towards Ilford on the No25, on November 11 at 1.43pm, when he felt something hit the back of his head.
He immediately turned around and saw a few people but no one looked “suspicious”.
When the victim touched the back of his head he felt a small metal ball protruding from his skin, which was bleeding slightly.
Police believe the victim was struck by a metal ball fired from a ball bearing pellet gun – commonly know as a BB gun.
You may also want to watch:
The injured man required hospital treatment but has since been discharged.
The incident is being investigated by detectives from the Met’s Roads and Transport Policing Command.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 9 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 10 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
No arrests have been made and inquiries are ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Teresa Moore on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800555111.
Alternatively you can tweet @MetCC with any information.