Teenager has life threatening injuries after stabbing outside Woodford train station
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has life threatening injuries after he was stabbed outside Woodford train station last night.
A teenager was left with life threatening injuries after being stabbed outside Woodford station last night.
Police and ambulance services were called at around 5.30pm last night (Thursday, March 15) to reports of a stabbing outside the tube station.
Two teenagers who had been playing football were on their way home to Chigwell when they were approached by a group of four teenagers outside of Dominos pizza.
The victim and his friend were waiting to be picked up when the group approached them, demanding to know where they were from.
You may also want to watch:
The pair replied ‘Chigwell’ and the suspects then asked them why they were in Woodford.
One of the suspects then pulled out a knife and stabbed the victim in the stomach.
- 1 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 6 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes
- 8 Former Redbridge Council staffer charged with child sexual exploitation crimes in Australia
- 9 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 10 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
The group then fled in the direction of St Barnabas Road.
It is believed that the victim and his friend don’t have any links to gangs.
The 18-year-old victim was then taken to an east London hospital and his injuries have been deemed as life threatening.
An initial assessment showed that it was not serious but a scan revealed that the victim has a large internal bleed and that his kidney has been damaged.
The victim will require surgery.
There have been no arrests and police enquiries continue.