Teenager has life threatening injuries after stabbing outside Woodford train station
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has life threatening injuries after he was stabbed outside Woodford train station last night.
A teenager was left with life threatening injuries after being stabbed outside Woodford station last night.
Police and ambulance services were called at around 5.30pm last night (Thursday, March 15) to reports of a stabbing outside the tube station.
Two teenagers who had been playing football were on their way home to Chigwell when they were approached by a group of four teenagers outside of Dominos pizza.
The victim and his friend were waiting to be picked up when the group approached them, demanding to know where they were from.
You may also want to watch:
The pair replied ‘Chigwell’ and the suspects then asked them why they were in Woodford.
One of the suspects then pulled out a knife and stabbed the victim in the stomach.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 4 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 7 Cycling access extended at Wanstead Park
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Oxford student bids to improve top university access for state school pupils
- 10 Former Woodford Police Station could become office space
The group then fled in the direction of St Barnabas Road.
It is believed that the victim and his friend don’t have any links to gangs.
The 18-year-old victim was then taken to an east London hospital and his injuries have been deemed as life threatening.
An initial assessment showed that it was not serious but a scan revealed that the victim has a large internal bleed and that his kidney has been damaged.
The victim will require surgery.
There have been no arrests and police enquiries continue.