Teenager arrested after Woodford Green car chase
- Credit: Google Maps
A car chase through Woodford Green yesterday afternoon ended with a teenager being arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and taking a car without consent.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed Redbridge borough officers waved down a car they believed to be stolen just before 3.20pm in Woodford Green.
After the driver failed to stop, the officers, with the assistance of specialist units, gave chase.
The driver then crashed into an empty parked car on St Barnabas Road.
Police officers were able to stop the car safely shortly after this.
You may also want to watch:
St Barnabas Road was closed for just over an hour while officers investigated.
The 19-year-old driver was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and taking a vehicle without consent.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 8 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 9 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
He is still in custody at an east London police station.