Teenager arrested after Woodford Green car chase
- Credit: Google Maps
A car chase through Woodford Green yesterday afternoon ended with a teenager being arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and taking a car without consent.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed Redbridge borough officers waved down a car they believed to be stolen just before 3.20pm in Woodford Green.
After the driver failed to stop, the officers, with the assistance of specialist units, gave chase.
The driver then crashed into an empty parked car on St Barnabas Road.
Police officers were able to stop the car safely shortly after this.
St Barnabas Road was closed for just over an hour while officers investigated.
The 19-year-old driver was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and taking a vehicle without consent.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 4 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 5 'There was no life without resistance': World War Two veteran dies aged 94
- 6 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 7 Dog units 'really good tool' to help police tackle violent crime, officers say
- 8 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 9 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 10 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
He is still in custody at an east London police station.