Teenager arrested after Woodford Green car chase
- Credit: Google Maps
A car chase through Woodford Green yesterday afternoon ended with a teenager being arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and taking a car without consent.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed Redbridge borough officers waved down a car they believed to be stolen just before 3.20pm in Woodford Green.
After the driver failed to stop, the officers, with the assistance of specialist units, gave chase.
The driver then crashed into an empty parked car on St Barnabas Road.
Police officers were able to stop the car safely shortly after this.
You may also want to watch:
St Barnabas Road was closed for just over an hour while officers investigated.
The 19-year-old driver was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and taking a vehicle without consent.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 4 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 5 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 6 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 7 Political fight as council shifts money away from opposition party
- 8 Seven Kings novelist among winners of London Writers Awards
- 9 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Fly-tipping initiative at Redbridge Council up for national award
He is still in custody at an east London police station.