Teenager arrested after Woodford Green car chase
- Credit: Google Maps
A car chase through Woodford Green yesterday afternoon ended with a teenager being arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and taking a car without consent.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed Redbridge borough officers waved down a car they believed to be stolen just before 3.20pm in Woodford Green.
After the driver failed to stop, the officers, with the assistance of specialist units, gave chase.
The driver then crashed into an empty parked car on St Barnabas Road.
Police officers were able to stop the car safely shortly after this.
You may also want to watch:
St Barnabas Road was closed for just over an hour while officers investigated.
The 19-year-old driver was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and taking a vehicle without consent.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
He is still in custody at an east London police station.