Teenager accused of stabbing boy in Hainault park due in court
A teenager accused of stabbing a 15-year-old boy in a Hainault park is due in court tomorrow (Friday).
The boy, 16, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was charged with grievous bodily harm after another boy was stabbed muliple times in Manford Way park, near Woodman Path, on May 20.
The attack happened in broad daylight around 7pm as children played nearby.
Three schoolgirls helped the victim until the emergency services arrived to take him to hospital. His injuries were not life-threatening.
The suspect was arrested overnight following the stabbing.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared at Redbridge Youth Court on May 22 and was remanded in custody until tomorrow’s commital hearing.
If magistrates send the case to a crown court, the teenager could face a custodial sentence if found guilty.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 5 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 6 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 7 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 8 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 9 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath